Please see the County Council for more detailed information on the admissions process. Click here…
- 25 October 2017 – parents can start to apply
- 15 January 2018 – closing date for on-time applications
- 16 April 2018 – allocation day: letters sent (by second class post) and emails sent detailing the offer of a school place
- 3 May 2018 – deadline for submitting response form, continued interest forms, late applications and changes of preference
- 12 June 2018 – second allocation round: letters sent after first run of continued interest list and late applications
- September 2018 – start of the school year
The School Induction Process
- Once places have been offered and accepted we will plan an evening meeting for parents only to meet the teachers and to find out about our school.
- We have open afternoons for visits to the class. From 1.30 to 2.30 all throughout the last term we have an open hour for you to visit with your child. All we ask is that you ring in the morning or book in advance as it is limited to 4 places. This allows you to come and familiarise yourself and your child with the classroom and the school. You can come as many times as you like, you know your child best and so will know how many visits they will need.
- We also have an afternoon when we invite all the children and parents. During this afternoon we take the parents to the hall for a tea/coffee and an opportunity to meet the headteacher while the children stay with their teacher and their classmates.
- We offer home visits for approximately 20 minutes. The class teacher and a teaching assistant will visit you and your child at home. This gives you and your child an opportunity to ask any questions before they actually start.
- The first day for the children will be just a morning.
- The second day children will stay the morning and also stay to lunch. We ask that parents come and have a school dinner too so that you can talk your child through this process and enjoy it together.
- The third day children are in full time.
If you feel your child may need a longer settling in period then please speak to the headteacher in the summer term.