At Hagbourne CE Primary School we are very lucky to have an active and enthusiastic team of governors. Like most governing boards, the team is made up of Parent Governors (elected by parents of the school), Staff Governors (both teaching and non-teaching staff), Local Authority Governors (appointed by the Local Authority, LA), Foundation Governors (appointed by the Diocese or local church), and Co-opted Governors (appointed by the Governing Body).
Our Governing Body can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a list of all the current school governors’ names and roles:
|Governor Name||Governor Type||Appointing Body|
|Mr Jim Harris (Chair)||Co-opted||Co-opted|
|Dr. Sally Shearman (Vice Chair)||Co-opted||Co-opted|
|Rvd. Jason St. John Nicolle||Foundation||Diocese|
|Dr Clare Mackay||Local Authority||LA|
|Mr Tim Nuttall||Parent||Parents|
|Mrs Joanna Parman||Parent||Parents|
|Mrs Jenny Surtell||Staff||Staff|
|Mr Steven Forbes||Co-opted||Co-opted|
|Mrs Annette Crewe (Headteacher)||Headteacher|
|Mrs Cheryl Sánchez (Deputy Headteacher)||Associate member|
|Mrs Jo Hudson||Associate member (SEN)|
|Mr Adam Dickson||Associate member (H&S)|
|Mrs Helen Tate||Clerk|
All our governors have a four year term of office. Each governor can be re-elected or re-appointed at the end of their term (by the Governing Board, Diocese or Local Authority), except parent governors who must be voted in by the parents of the school.
Full Governing Board information is below:
Setting the School’s values, vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies and making creative use of our resources. The role of the governors is to provide the best possible education for their pupils by:
- Monitoring and evaluating performance and acting as a ‘critical friend’ to the headteacher to support and challenge them in managing the school.
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents we serve as well as to the staff we employ, the local community and Oxfordshire County Council’s local authority who fund us.
The Governing Board is responsible and accountable in law and in practice for major decisions about the school and its future. They are equal partners in leadership with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
The Headteacher is responsible for:
- The internal organisation, management and control of the school.
- Formulating aims and objectives, policies and targets for the Governing Board to consider adopting.
- Advising on and implementing the governing body’s strategic framework.
- Giving Governors the information they need to help the school raise its standards.
- Reporting on progress.
The Governors are responsible for:
- Standards (promoting high standards of educational achievement).
- Reporting results (to parents and carers)
- Finance (approving and monitoring school budget)
- Staffing (deciding staff numbers and staff pay)
- Appointments (appointing the Headteacher)
- Discipline (staff conduct, discipline and grievances)
- Special Educational Needs
Our Governors are all volunteers and are willing to use their individual skills to collectively support the work of the school. Each member of the full Governing Board sits on one of two committees: the Performance and Standards (P&S) committee or the Finance and General Purposes (F&GP) committee.